Friday, January 14, 2005

Ok, maybe I have more time now. Who knows. Continued from last post. So after 20 hours of travelling I finally made it to Trento, which was difficult with two tons of baggage my friend Marianne (who I met up with in Paris) and I had. But Italian people are so nice!! So many guys helped us with our bags. We never would have made it without them. And two hours in Italy, I already had my first Italian stalker guy on one of the trains. Kinda creepy, I gotta say. So I stayed at the hostel here the first two nights, and was with three other UC girls, two from Berkeley and one from UCSD. They were all super nice and we have had fun together. I got assigned an apartment, which I'm going to momentarily. Sadly I don't seem to be living too close to my UC friends (three berkeley people and the UCSD girl) but hopefully we won't be too far away. I'm living with all italians, apparently, which scares me to death because that means that I will be the only one who doesn't speak great italian. Speaking of which, I feel so in over my head here. I hope I catch up quicky, because right now I feel like the biggest dumbass, totally inferior in my capabilities (not compared to the other UC students, but when I try to speak with Italians, it's just painful, to me). Ok, gotta go now. She's here. Fingers crossed it's a good apartment!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax, you'll be fine. If nothing else find one of those Italian guys, I'm sure they'd want to show you around the city and talk with you.

Anonymous said...

Relax, you'll be fine. If nothing else find one of those Italian guys, I'm sure they'd want to show you around the city and talk with you.

~MD

Anonymous said...

as always...give us pictures of what's going on!

Anonymous said...

by the way, remember what we talked about? We're Americans, we're awesome. We know how to adapt...so you'll be fine. Remember you've only been there for what?...a day? Your Italian roomates will totally help your Italian and you'll be speaking it better than your American peers in no time!!!

Anonymous said...

hello...so glad to see you had the chance to get to a computer...curious as to why you were placed as you were...why not with at least one of the Berkeley girls...know you will be fine and your Italian will K/A in no time at all

John said...

Glad you made it to Italy Reva! I'm sure you will be fine, just relax, you'll be doing great in no time!