Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Two months!

I have exactly two months from today left in Italy...I can't believe it! Anyways, today I finally had another Cold War class today, and she decided to have us make up the lectures we missed...damn. Which means the exam will be pushed back another week (she actually wanted to keep it the same day, and I wanted that, because she told us that then she'd give us more choices on the exam and wouldn't cover the last lecture, but we voted, and my classmates somehow think it's better to have the harder test a week later...to which I say, nay! Fools!), so it's now the day after my Elizabethan Theater final exam. So now, I have to decide if I want to try to ask her to let me do that exam the week before, or if I should just go ahead and do them back to back. I'm leaning towards back to back because this weekend I want to go to...Liechtenstein! That's right, my half-lifelong dream of going to Liechtenstein is about to be realized. It's kinda odd, my friend Katie here (also from Berkeley) has wanted to go to Liechtenstein forever, and knew a guy in high school with the last name Liechtenstein...just like me! Tricky business. So some of us are going to go, hopefully this weekend. (since the week after that I have two finals, that wouldn't work so well) But yes, quite exciting indeed. Liechtenstein is so small we can't even take the train there...we have to go to Austria first and then take the bus! Lol.

Oh, so today is a holiday in Europe. L'Otto Marzo (March 8th) is International Women's Day, or something like that. Guys give all the women they know flowers or something and wish them happy women's day...I don't get it. Like, I need a reward for being a girl or something? As far as I can tell, there's no real reason to having this day. Like, it's to make up for not being able to work or being equal with men or something in the past? It makes no sense to me. All this third wave feminism crap. I'd so get my ass kicked for saying that to the people I know here. So I'll just say it to you, and hope that the only people who read this agree with me.

2 comments:

John said...

Reva, you seem to forget: In Europe, they don't need a reason to take a holiday, they do all the time anyway.

morphia_s_waltz said...

Pardon? I'm European, and I don't get it.