Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cruise Part Four

Here we are, the last installment of the trip. Our fifth and last island stop was St. Lucia, which we made another beach day. Here are Chris and Bri at the beach.
And here's a view of the beach. It was very pretty, but we didn't see much other than this one beach.

And that was it for the stops! After that, we had two solid sea days before getting back to Miami. So, what did we do on the ship for two days, you ask? Well, for one, we climbed the rock wall. None of us had ever done it before, so we figured we had to give it a try. Here we are in all of our gear:


And here I am at the top on my climb, having just rung the bell. It's funny, it was fine going up at first, but after about halfway I got nervous (being not so fond of heights and all). I was up to the last hand-hold I had to reach to get to the bell and I totally froze because it was a little high for me to reach, and I got nervous I was going to fall, so it took me a minute to get up the courage to jump up and reach the last stupid handhold. I don't know how those American Gladiators do it, I tell you.


We also went bowling at the mini-bowling alley they have on the ship.


Let me tell you, bowling on a ship that is rocking back and forth (even gently) is really hard, because you never know which direction the bowling ball is going to roll! I don't think I broke 100 playing either game.


Of course, we spent a lot of time just hanging out by the pool, reading and sleeping in the sun. It was great. And here is my tan line as proof of all that time in the sun!


More than anything, we spent a lot of time with each other. Luckily that's easy for us!


One of the nights they had a party complete with drinks made out of pineapples. That was pretty awesome. But really heavy and hard to carry because they cut off the bottoms to make them flat, which meant that they dripped pineapple juice everywhere.

Sometimes there wasn't a whole lot going on, so we had to make our own fun...

Sadly, the whole nine days passed by and before we knew it, it was time to go home! Here we are getting off the ship at Miami.

And off we were for the twelve hour drive back to Durham (surprisingly not nearly as bad as it sounds). But, we had one more awesome thing that capped off our trip. For I don't know, two years maybe, Bri has been telling us about this chain of fast food restaurants in Ohio called Fazoli's, which has "real Italian real fast." There are some in the southeast but none near Durham. Chris actually mapped out any along our route from Durham to Miami but couldn't find any that seemed nearby the freeway. Anyway, as we're driving back up to Durham from Miami, I pulled off on a random exit to find something to eat for lunch. As we're meandering around, being our normal indecisive selves about where to eat, all of a sudden Bri screams at the top of her lungs, "Oh my God, there's a Fazoli's!!!" And there it was indeed. So of course we stopped there and enjoyed some real Italian real fast, which was actually pretty good. Here we are celebrating the occassion.

And that was it for our trip!

No comments: