Monday, March 24, 2008

HIMYM and Britney Spears

Spoilers below!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Ok, first of all, Britney Spears is an absolutely horrendous actress. If she comes near one of my shows again, I will cut her. Second of all, why all the Britney Spears promotion when really they should have been shouting from the rooftops that Sarah Chalke was on the show?? She is so fantastic, I love her, and if I'd know she was on tonight I would have been super excited. Not that I wasn't already super excited, it's HIMYM after all, but still. So I feel like the producers completely focused on the wrong guest star, because let's face it, if you're awesome enough to love HIMYM, you're probably smart enough to loathe Britney Spears and be *less* inclined to watch because she's on, not more. Not that such casting stunts are done for the loyal viewer, but regardless.

Also, that two-minute date he made for Sarah Chalke? Man, I want to be the mother of Ted's kids. That was so sweet and adorable. His real-life dad is a partner at Bri's firm, I should get her to make friends with him (even though he's in a different city) so he can get us together.

In other news, I taught step again today! I did another half of the class, this time with two combinations that I made up myself, and it seemed to go well again. And Cat came, which was fun! She said she liked both the combos and me as a teacher, so yay. I have the instructor exam in less than two weeks, which makes me nervous since I don't know any of the stuff that's on the written exam yet. I hope I actually learn the stuff in time, it'd be really embarrassing to fail. Not nearly as bad as failing the bar would be, but hopefully avoidable nonetheless.

4 comments:

Henry said...

I thought she was funny. Understated, which worked. Yeah, I thought it was great that they do the stunt casting and pull the switch and focus on Sarah Chalke's character. Great episode...

Mr. Cooper said...

I have to say, Britney was surprisingly not horrendous. But as soon as I saw Sarah Chalke, I thought of you -- I assumed you'd be freaking out. Big fan of her -- with Colbie Smolders AND Sarah Chalke on this show now, there's no reason to watch anything else, ever.

Also, just wanted to make sure you're aware that Ted Moesby and Josh Radnor are not, in reality, the same person.

Reva said...

I think the Britney Spears damage was limited by her having a small role (thank God), and the role being that of an idiot already. Made a big difference.

Also, don't tell me that they're not pretty much the same in real life. That's like telling me Matthew Perry and Chandler Bing aren't almost the same, when quite obviously they are. Don't shatter my dreams.

Anonymous said...

Reva my dear, I will cut you if you get together with Ted. And you already know my stance on his 2 minute date.