Monday, May 26, 2008

It's like the end of summer vacation already

Today was my last day of freedom until August 1st. Tomorrow the bar exam prep class (bar/bri) starts...and fun is over. It's been a good couple of weeks, I can't complain that I didn't get some time to relax in there. Starting tomorrow I have class from 9am-1pm M-F (more or less), and then I'm supposed to go home and study for something like eight hours. Which is not going to happen, I just don't have that kind of attention span. But I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I'm thinking. My favorite law school classes were those where we just actually learned the black-letter law, and that's all this is going to be--learning the actual rules. Aka what I thought law school was supposed to be like. And then I have to memorize the rules. I'm pretty good at memorizing, usually it's the applying that trips me up. So maybe this will be fine! I'm trying to be optimistic, at least until I've actually gotten the study schedule and see how much work I'm supposed to be doing. Part of me is actually glad I'll be starting finally, because it's been hanging over my head for so long, but that's a very small part. I'm mostly thinking that life is over.

No comments: