Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Kicking it old school

For some reason, I have never been comfortable carrying my laptop in a backpack. There's something about having the weight on both shoulders which makes me feel like I'm being crushed, but having it on just one shoulder is fine. Makes no sense, I know. So for the past three years my backpack from undergrad has just been sitting in the corner of my room, but since I don't need my laptop for bar/bri, I figured I'd give it some use again. And I found a lot of random crap in that backpack. Also, it's so old it doesn't even have a pocket for my phone! I have to use the calculator pocket instead. We'll see how this goes.

Since I'm telling you random stuff you don't care about, I'll also comment on the Classico-brand spaghetti sauce. I like it, I think it's got good flavors. But there is something about the way they seal the jars that makes them almost impossible to open! Every time I get it, I have to run it under water and bang on the top before I can twist it off, it's a huge pain. And last week the lid of the jar I had was on so tight, even after fighting with it for like ten minutes I still couldn't get it open! It was so frustrating. I finally got it by using one of those openers you use that pokes the two holes in the top of a can so you can pour whatever it is out (I have no idea what it's called) to bust a hole in the cap, breaking the seal and thus allowing me to open it. It was a trial, I tell you.

No comments: