Monday, July 28, 2008

Countdown

Exactly 24 hours from now, I'll be starting the bar exam. This makes me very upset.

So I'm in LA, for the bar exam (that's the testing site I decided to do, luckily CA has a ton of options, unlike most states which just have one place for the everyone). If you're in LA and I haven't talked to you about getting together, it's because I'm busy freaking out about the exam for now, and unfortunately I'm leaving the morning after (Friday) to drive to the Bay Area because Friday night is the Cal Women's Huddle so I've got to leave town ASAP to get there. So, if you're in the Bay Area and want to hang out, or in LA and want to drive to the Bay Area this weekend, I'll be there!

Last night I was at a restaurant having dinner and it came up with the waitress that I'd just flown in from the east coast. She asked why, and I said I was in town to take the bar exam. For the first time ever, I had someone ask me, "what's the bar exam?" I explained that it was the exam you take to be a lawyer, and she asked me if it was hard, and if I have to study for it a lot, like for the SAT. Her exact words. I wasn't really sure how to reply to that, so I just told her that it was like the SAT times ten. Although really ten times zero is zero, but I didn't know how to clearly explain that my life has centered around this exam for the last two and a half months, so yes, it IS a hard exam, and you DO have to study a lot.

1 comment:

John said...

Good luck Reva! You're going to kick that exam's ASS!!!