Saturday, August 02, 2008

Ok, ready to tell you about it now

Well, the bar exam is of course over, and I'm beginning the long process of slowly unwinding all the law I've had crammed into my head over the last two and a half months from my brain. The morning after the bar ended (Friday), I woke up and I'm not sure if I was actually thinking about this or just dreaming about thinking about this (if that distinction makes sense), but I was going through the elements of negligent infliction of emotional distress and thinking, idiot, I should have included that in the essay, it fit in perfectly! Of course, there were no torts essays and nowhere I actually should have put it in, but this is what I woke up thinking. As I said, this is going to be a long process.

So Friday morning I rented a car and drove up to the bay area and went to the Women's Huddle, hence the super awesome picture of Liz and me with Tedford. Christine and Liz had been before and told me how it was the best thing ever and I HAD to come, and they were so right. It was fantastical. They split us up into groups and moved us from station to station, some of them learning about things (like how they do game video and what they look for to prepare for each game), and some of them active drills (like we got to try to kick field goals!). I got some props from some of the players because I did not hold back in the drills, like the tackling one. It was awesome. We also got a bunch of pictures (see below for some), and unfortunately I didn't realize until it was too late that I look like an insane retard in my picture with Kevin Riley so I'm going to post it but please don't leave any mocking comments because I already know I look like the Joker.

And now...I do nothing. I leave on Thursday for Montana for Cat and Nate's wedding, but I seriously have nothing to do until then. I went to the gym just now with Liz and it was so fantastic. I hadn't worked out in a week and a half, and so not only did that feel good, but just the concept of waking up this morning and having nothing to do but check my email and go to the gym...amazing.



Tedford talking to us at the start of the event.

The locker room!

I loved this countdown clock.



This is the view from the weight room at the stadium...yes, those are tents you see in the trees. That's where people are living. And not hurting those trees at all, either.
The aforementioned retarded-looking picture with Kevin Riley.


Us and Tosh Lupoi. My favorite center, Alex Mack (look how big he is!). Not to be confused with the other Alex Mack.

2 comments:

henry said...

Good God. Reva knows how to tackle. I'm scared now...

Mr. Cooper said...

I can't believe you didn't try to stab Kevin Riley when you were that close.