Thursday, September 18, 2008

Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy!

It's not that I don't want to post and give you something entertaining to read, but frankly nothing much is going on with me right now, so there's not a lot to report. And sure, maybe my regular posts aren't that interesting to you either, but I can't even work up the energy to tell you about how I went to Lowe's and bought some plants, so I seriously doubt you'd care. Hence me not posting much lately.

However, today I went to a step class at Bally's (I have a two-week guest pass right now) and it was awesome. Finally, after months of being bored, I had a great class to challenge and entertain me. I walked out so totally pumped, it was like I had just taken something.

When I walked into the class, I "reserved" my spot by putting down my water bottle while I went to get my step, and when I got back I realized that what I thought was the front was actually the side of the room, so instead of being in the back I ended up in the second row. Which scared the crap out of me, I didn't want to embarrass myself! I'd heard the class was really advanced, so I hadn't wanted to be right out front, but there was no other space by the time I realized where I was (the class was packed) so I just stayed where I was. And I'm glad I did, because damn, I rocked that class. I was so proud of myself.

Anyway, it turns out that the guy who taught the awesome class does the hiring for instructors, so I went up to him after class to see about how I'd get hired there. (I hadn't planned on doing it tonight, but since I'd kicked ass in class, I figured what the hell.) Anyway, he said to email him and we could set up an audition. Which is cool, but now I'm scared! I haven't taught in months and I'm afraid I'm going to embarrass myself. So we'll see.

In other news...my apartment is mostly set up. Jamie is settling in and getting used to being here. I'm getting pretty nervous about what life is going to be like once I start work, but I'm rapidly running out of time, so I'm trying to deal with it. And, that's about it! Oh, and season four of HIMYM starts next Monday, I'm super excited about that. Get the dvd's, catch up, you'll be a happier person for it, I guarantee it.*

*Guarantee is only good if you are an awesome person. I can't help you otherwise.

No comments: