Thursday, September 25, 2008

I get it!

Jamie usually stays in his crate when I'm gone from the house, but this week I've been leaving him loose, in the hopes that he wouldn't have to be stuck in the crate all day when I'm at work. And so far, he hasn't destroyed anything, he's been so good! But apparently he's been non-stop barking (which he does somewhat from the crate, but I don't think it's anywhere near this bad). Yesterday I got an email from my apartment people saying that there had been multiple complaints and the barking was excessive, and I should get him a citronella anti-barking collar. Then like ten minutes later I got a phone call telling me the same thing, and I was very apologetic (of course) and told the woman that I would be buying one of those collars ASAP, and as soon as I had it I would try to get the barking to stop. And I did, in fact, order it online like an hour later (the cheapest thing PetSmart had in stock was $120 and I found it online for $40, so sorry neighbors, but you're going to have to wait a few days). But then this morning there was a letter waiting outside my door telling the the same damn thing! When I was coming back from walking Jamie I swung by their office to tell them to leave me alone, I get it, but nobody was around, so I kept my annoyance to myself. I haven't decided if it's going to stay that way, but I'm guessing no because I'm doing my laundry and the first (and only) two times I did that before, during the final spin cycle the machine goes crazy and starts dancing all over the place (and no, I'm not overfilling it and it's on normal final spin, not the fast one, even) so I'm guessing in about a half hour I'll have to go down there and tell them to get someone up here to fix my washer. So when I do that, I'll tell them PS, I know my dog is barking, stop reminding me.

Also, I have an audition this afternoon to become a step instructor at Bally's. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself!

1 comment:

Mr. Cooper said...

Maybe your neighbor will leave you a note under your door telling you that your mutual utility would both be maximized if you get the dog to stop barking.