Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tidbits

66-3? Sounds good to me. Especially since that means I got to see Brock Mansion play! What a name. I love the guy for that alone.

Tomorrow I move to DC, and Monday I move into my new apartment! It's probably sad that I'm excited about unpacking, but I am. It's the anal retentive person in me, imagining getting to put everything away exactly as I want it. Too bad I have to figure out how to get everything into my two suitcases, first.

I joined the LA Fitness here near my parents for the three weeks or so that I've been here, paying a ridiculous amount to just do a month at a time, I might add. Anyway, I've been appalled at the step classes here, they're just terrible. I could step circles around these people! I tried to see if they'd let me sub or anything while I'm here but apparently only people who are permanent employees are allowed to do so. Whatever. But every time I was in class I'd just end up cranky since I knew I could do a much better job, and it also made me realize that even if I liked the classes, I still want to teach if I can, just one day a week, because it's fun. So when I get to DC and join a gym I'm going to have to see if they'll hire me just a little bit.

I've been rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on hulu (they have seasons one and two) and I forgot what a great show it is. Well not forgot, but it's been a long time since I've watched it, especially the early episodes, so I've been able to appreciate it again sort of like new (sort of since I still remember the big stuff, but I'd forgotten a lot of the little stuff).

No comments: