Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I didn't even mention the rise of Andrew Jackson

I forgot to tell you all, I got made fun of this weekend by my work friends because someone brought up the War of 1812 (long story), and I happen to mention that it put the final nail in the coffin of the Federalist party and ushered in the Era of Good Feelings. Somehow this makes me a "nerd" or something. Even though everybody who knows history knows that. Unfortunately, I was outvoted like 10 to 1 in this argument. However, I will admit nothing (as has been my habit since undergrad, because for some reason the phrase "history nerd" follows me around).

UPDATE: Ok, maybe I should have explained why I'm NOT a history nerd. It's because history is cool, so you can't be a nerd about it. Take surfing for example--surfing is cool, so someone into surfing isn't called a "surfing nerd." It just doesn't work that way. Ergo, I cannot be a history nerd. I'm merely a history enthusiast.

3 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

I'm reading a book on presidential campaigns so I actually knew this, but I'd actually also agree that most people don't. Nerd.

John said...

Yaa! History Nerd!!

See that's why I got a job with people who were the same type of nerds as me.

"Era of Good Feelings." heh.

CAC Attack said...

So, I took an APUSH multiple choice practice off the AP website. I got 72% correct. 60% is a 3.