Sunday, November 30, 2008

Book review

Well happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. I'm sure as we were all sitting around eating masses of food and watching football, you were thinking to yourself, I wish I knew more about the Pilgrims and the first 60 years or so in America than I remember from my elementary school Thanksgiving plays (maybe that was just me? I was an Indian, my name was Silver Shell. Yes, I remember that from 4th grade). Well, fear not, I have a great book for you to read! Mayflower, which actually covers way more than just the Mayflower, is a terrific look at everything from the Pilgrims attempting to come to Virginia, to the beginnings of settlement by the Puritans, all the way through King Phillip's War. I actually conducted an informal survey and apparently King Phillip's War is not the common knowledge I thought it was! So I highly recommend this book if you're looking to find out more about the early days of American settlement. And sure, maybe nobody has the time/interest to read this book, but I figure what the hell, I'll tell you about it anyway.

No comments: