Saturday, November 01, 2008

I hate Verizon like it ate my babies

I went to order the Cal-Oregon football game a few minutes into the first quarter, but was told by my tv that I can't order it with the remote so I have to call verizon. So of course I go call and after an extended menu I finally talked to someone who told me his system wasn't working so is it ok if he transfers me and puts me on hold "for one two to minutes." I say ok. 25 minutes later, I'm still on hold, livid. I finally hung up and called again from the start but the stupid verizon automated menu was so awful that I had to hang up and start from scratch! Finally the third call I get another guy and told him all of this and he goes to get me the game and he says, oh, the ppv isn't working now, you'll have to call back later. Now, at this point I started almost yelling. I made sure to tell him that I'm not yelling at him, I'm yelling at Verizon, but I made it very clear that ever time I have to call them it's a huge pain and instead of watching my game I've been stuck on the phone with them for 40 minutes by that point, and now because the first guy was incompetent and put me on hold when the ppv was actually working I'm missing my game. So I told him that if I call back I expect to get my game for free. I am so angry right now I want to throw something. Absolutely ridiculous. I really would sidekick someone in the stomach right now if I had a verizon employee in front of me.

Also, I'm mad at the drivers around here because they keep honking at me for no reason! This morning driving to the dog park I turned from a stop sign into a road into the right lane, and the car in the left lane started honking for no reason! Now I KNOW I wasn't about to go into his lane because if there's one thing I know how to do, it's hug the curb when I'm turning right (my mom can back me up on this, I hit the curb a lot). And then on the drive home some guy starts honking at me for not turning when the light was green...and running over the freakin PEDESTRIAN right in front of me!!! Seriously people, shut the hell up. Before I start cutting you. I am a big bowl of rage at the moment.

UPDATE: After several more frustrating telephone calls to Verizon, I have been informed that their computers will be down until Monday. I am calling them and demanding some sort of discount on this month's service. And I also just discovered that my sink has been leaking and I didn't know about it. I feel like Alexander right now.

No comments: