Wednesday, December 03, 2008

So tell me about yourself

There are a couple of random blogs I read for no reason other than I find stories about peoples' personal lives amusing. One of them just announced he's quitting writing just because he's bored of it, and it's not like it's something I read every day, but it's still kind of a bummer. Now I'll never know what happens next in his life! And as I reflect on this need I have to know about the personal lives of strangers, it reminds me of what I've been doing at work the last couple of weeks--spying on the guy in the office across the street from my friend's office (there's no building directly across from my office, I'm on the 14th floor, my friend is on the 7th--the building stops a few floors before ours). We've given this guy a nickname (Hubert Cubert--because he works in a cubicle!) and have started inventing a life story for Hubert. My friend kind of keeps track of his comings and goings, and we're trying to figure out a way to meet him. Sadly, he doesn't seem to look in our direction ever--I tried waving once, but he didn't see. I'd like to say hello or start a prank war with him--I could go either way. But he's not cooperating. Anyway, all this is just to say, I'm very nosy.

No comments: