Monday, January 19, 2009

DC is cra-zy

Tomorrow I'm working from home because the secret service has asked everyone within a certain vicinity of the White House to close for the day. I think it's pretty cool that I live in a place where that happens. The coolness is negated by the fact that we have to deal with these insanely annoying tourists coming in for the inauguration, though. I mean, seriously, it is universal that you walk on the left and stand on the right for escalators. This is common courtesy! So being from out of town is no excuse, and if I stab you with my metro card, then you deserve it.

Also, the Potomac has been kind of frozen over, and it's pretty cool. I've never seen that big a body of water frozen over before (except when I was in Alaska but that doesn't really count because you couldn't even tell which side of the road was ocean and which side was land because it was just all white snow everywhere you looked).

No comments: