Monday, April 27, 2009

Not too shabby

I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but tonight I taught a cardio kickboxing class at the gym for the first time. I was just subbing for the regular girl, so it's not going to become a regular thing, but I was excited to do it because I've been doing the classes for so many years but never taught it myself. This means that I was really nervous though, because I didn't want to totally screw up. And I think it went pretty well! My timing was kind of off--I went through my more high-intensity cardio section quicker than I intended, but I just made up for it by doing an extra section of kicks. And after class, a girl came up to me and said she really loved it and asked if I had a regular kickboxing class, and I told her no, I just do step normally. But it made me happy! And my friend Laura came and said it was way better than the girl who normally teaches. Now, Laura is my good friend so she totally could have been trying to make me feel better, but I choose to take it at face value. Oh, and like two months ago a girl came to my step class and afterwards she asked me what my regular job was and I told her lawyer, and she was like oh, I thought you were a dancer or something. That also made me really happy =)

I had a whole big post about how I hate Earth Day and the stupid commercials that the tv networks are running about being all environmental and my office sending us emails about remembering to turn off lights and "think before you print." But it's on my blackberry and I never got around to finishing it, so here's the short version: Earth Day can suck it. It makes me want to drink out of styrofoam cups just to spite it.

1 comment:

John said...

Good job Reva!!

And yes, Earth Day can indeed suck it.