Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catching up

Ok, a lot of this is going to be way old, but I'm just going to say it because I've been meaning to forever:

*Justin Timberlake is crazy good on SNL. And he doesn't take himself too seriously, which is awesome. Here are my two favorites from when he hosted a couple of weeks ago.

*What is the big deal about Glee? I was rather unimpressed. I was expecting witty dialogue and sarcastic barbs, but instead I got a lame cover of Journey (for the how many millionth time do we hear that song? If it's not 2am in a bar, no thank you) and a sappy story about the same archetypical characters as always. It's not that it was bad, but I don't get the hype.

*I'm catching up on 24 (last two hours to go!), and in the second to last episode, they have a guy taking the metro, and they make up names of metro stations. WTF? Is there something copyrighted about metro stations that they couldn't get the rights to, because otherwise, why do something so glaringly wrong when the whole thing about the series is how it happens in real time? (And yes, in my mind, real time = like real life.)

*Work has slowed down some, but I've been getting in early (8am, plus or minus) every day, which actually makes it much easier to bill 10-12 hours a day. I'm not a morning person, but I can't stay past like 7 or 7:30 on a regular basis (poor Jamie stuck at home, plus I just don't like it), so I'd rather get up at the crack of dawn to get my hours in. It's been working pretty well so far, although I have yet to figure out how to get myself to bed earlier to make up for getting up earlier.

No comments: