Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Idol reactions

No liveblogging, but a few thoughts:
 
*I still think Kris' voice just straight-up (now tell me!) sounds better than Adam's.  Adam still makes me wince because half the time he's all screechy.  I just don't get it.
 
*Why are the judges yelling at Kris about the song he did when Simon Fuller chose it?  The only song he actually chose himself is the one they all loved.  So, maybe someone should mention that?
 
*All of the judges' comments after Kris' last song sounded like them saying "you should be really proud of coming in second."  Or is it just me? 
 
*I don't think it really matters at this point who wins--coming in first doesn't mean you're going to be successful, and as long as you get the exposure from being on the show, you can still do really well.  So, although I think Kris is better, I won't really mind if/when Adam wins.  Except I'd love it if Kris won, as a reminder to the judges that their opinions only matter so much, so maybe they can't guide someone to the title after all. 
 
*"We're not really competing against each other.  Adam and I just wanted to come out and put on a good show" (paraphrasing).  Awwww. 

No comments: