Friday, August 07, 2009

catching up

*Jamie had the doggie stomach flu on Sunday, and it was NOT pretty.  Luckily it seems to have been a 24 hour flu so by Monday night he was back to normal, but it was touch and go for a bit beforehand.  Poor puppy, he tried so hard not to make a mess, but there's only so much you can do when you're a dog.  Remind me never to have kids, this was enough work.
 
*I got a new apartment!  I was getting worried because I've had a hard time finding anything fitting my specific requirements, but I found a place, went to see it Wednesday, and now it's mine as of August 15!  It's really cute, in an old building (1913, older than my grandpa!) and it's like the opposite of my current, uber new and fancy place.  Which I like a lot too, but I'm looking forward to the charm of the historic building.  The only thing is it's smaller than my current place, so hopefully I get all my stuff to fit!  And by stuff, I mean clothes.  And shoes.  I'll post pictures when I can go back and take some (probably once I sign the lease next weekend). 
 
*I met the biggest bitch on the escalator to the metro last night.  Here in DC, as in all civilized lands, you walk on the left and stand on the right.  People especially take it seriously here, and the stupid tourists frequently hold everyone up.  So usually you just say excuse me, and they slide right over.  But not this bitch.  Last night when Laura and I were going home there was a woman and her son on the escalator going down, son on the right, mom on the left.  The following exchange ensued:
 
Laura: Excuse me.
Bitch: You're in that much of a hurry?  (not moving)
Me: Walk on the left, stand on the right.  (as we walk down past her, going around her on the right)
Bitch: Well I don't care!
Reva: Well you'll just be rude then.  (over my shoulder since we were well past her)
 
Seriously, I've never had anyone talk back about following basic rules of etiquette.  My only comfort is knowing she'll burn in hell someday. 
 
*I'm so tired of work right now.  I'm taking a long weekend in two weeks and going home to see my parents, and I'm just so excited to not be at the office for four days.  It's going to be great. 

1 comment:

Mr. Cooper said...

Moving?? Why?! Staying in VA, or moving into DC?