Monday, August 31, 2009

Complaints

Ugh, it's been a weekend.  On Saturday the movers came (an hour and a half late) and it took a lot longer to move than I expected (they were there for six hours).  And Comcast was supposed to come between 2 and 5, and we were supposed to leave at 5:30 for a baseball game, so I called at like 4:30 when they still weren't there to see what the deal was.  When I called the phone system said "you have an appointment today between 2 and 5," so it knew what the deal was, but when I talked to a person she said hm, the computer says your appointment is Monday.  Well, I just talked to someone on Thursday and we confirmed the appointment was Saturday, and 20 minutes ago your computer system told me it was for today!  But apparently that doesn't matter.  So I had to make a new appointment, and the first one I could get (that wasn't completely in the middle of the day) was Thursday between 5 and 6.  Which means I'll have to leave work super early, and I can't even work from home while I wait since I don't have internet!  Sigh.  And the building people can't seem to get my name into the call box, inexplicably.  She keeps telling me, ok, go check now, and then I do and it's still the same person as before. 
 
Today it's kind of cold outside!  It's in the 60s.  And unfortunately, my sweaters are all in my old apartment still (my lease there doesn't run out for another week).  So poor planning on my part.  I don't know if I'll get back there before this weekend so I might just be cold for a little while. 
 
Jamie's citronella collar broke again and I'd been putting off calling about a replacement since this will be the third time I'm asking for one and I was afraid they'd think I was trying to scam them or something.  And that was dumb, because Jamie's all freaked out being in a new place and the collar isn't there to keep him quiet.  Not good!  I called this morning though and they're sending me a replacement ASAP (should be here tomorrow or possibly even today!) and they changed their supplier so hopefully this one won't break again in two months!
 
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with my car now that I'm in DC...for now I brought it to my old place since I have parking there, but there's no parking at my new place and street parking is not going to work for me, so we'll see what happens.  I need to renew my registration in VA or register in DC, though, so I have to decide quickly.  And find the VA registration paperwork they mailed me a while ago, too...sigh. 

No comments: