Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday morning recap

Finally!  I've been waiting all year to see who would win the Creative Emmy for Short-Form Live Action Entertainment Special Class Program.  Well, even if it has a bizarro name, at least it went to Dr. Horrible!  Woo!  Maybe a good omen for the "real" Emmys this weekend?  Speaking of tv...one week til the season 5 premiere of HIMYM!  If you're in DC and fully caught up on the show, premiere party at my place =)
 
Woo number 8!  Next week we're playing at Minnesota so it'll be a good test of our away game skills, so fingers crossed we don't crumble. 
 
I dealt with the stupidest cashier ever at Target yesterday.  I was trying to buy a six-pack of boxed raisins, and the retard wanted to like open the package and scan each box individually.  Even though it says on the bottom "sold as unit."  Apparently she thought $1.97 was too cheap for six boxes, and thought that was supposed to be the price per box.  I wanted to murder her.  She was trying to call over a manager and stuff and I finally told her to just forget it, and she started giving me attitude about "wasting her time."  Well excuuuuuuse me that you're stupider than that box of raisins!  Makes me mad again just thinking about it. 
 
I had three new people in my step class yesterday, and of course this week I have a particularly complicated combination.  I did my best to teach it, and kept it as simple as I could, but they were fairly lost.  But afterward one of the new ladies came up to me and thanked me for being so encouraging and doing my best to help them along when they didn't know what they were doing, so that made me feel good.  Of course, she said she might never come back, but I don't take that personally. 

No comments: