Thursday, September 10, 2009

Musical television

So Ellen DeGeneres is going to be the newest judge on American Idol.  I generally love Ellen, I think she's hilarious, so that's a big point in her favor.  I'm guessing she's not really a music insider (or maybe she is and I just don't know it) so they're going for the "man of the people" voice on the judge's panel?  I'm not sure how I feel about that just because the voting is *actually* the voice of the people, and the judges are (as I see it) supposed to provide their insider's perspective as guidance somewhat.  But, seeing as how I'm almost physically pained from listening to Kara and Randy, I'll be happy to have Ellen there regardless of whether she knows a F sharp from a B flat (PS I have no idea what I just said). 
 
Speaking of singing, I started watching Glee last night but only made it like ten minutes into the episode before I had something better to do, so my verdict on episode two will have to wait.  Probably until tonight.  Also, I'm rewatching Angel season four right now and (spoiler alert!) I forgot just how creepy it is that Cordy slept with Connor.  Seriously, ick. 

No comments: