Monday, October 05, 2009

About damn time

I'm finally getting sworn into the DC bar today!!  I submitted my application the second week of January, so it only took them nine months.  Sigh.  There's apparently two ceremonies today, one at 10 and one at 12, which I did not realize, and everyone I've talked to today is scheduled for the noon one, but I have the 10am one.  Which makes me a little sad, I was excited about meeting up with Andy and going together.  I also am really not excited about wasting time hearing some stupid speech.  I got spoiled with California, they don't require you to do any sort of ceremony at all--you just need a notary to sign a form.  It's kind of anticlimactic, but it saves sooooo much time.  On the plus side, I'll finally get to be on the website, finally get business cards, and finally get to take the asterisk off of my name.  Woo!  Lawyer in two jurisdictions, take that. 

2 comments:

CAC Attack said...

Holler!

Brian said...

Congratulations. You're now officially part of the Establishment. We'll teach you the secret handshake later.