Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wardrobe malfunction

I went to a wedding this past weekend (my third wedding in South Bend, in case anyone is keeping count!) and my dress broke between the wedding and the reception.  The zipper got stuck halfway closed, and wouldn't move up or down!  Totally trapped  Luckily I had a cardigan with me so I just put that on and wore it for the rest of the night, and it was kind of a cool evening so half of the girls there were doing the same thing.  And in fact, I got several compliments on my dress!  I just had to keep the cardigan on the whole night so no one knew my entire back was exposed underneath.  And at the end of the night I literally just had to break the zipper to get the dress off, I was totally stuck in there.  I tried pulling it off over my head, but that just caused a lot of squishing and pain.  I think the dress is salvageable, I just need a tailor to put a new zipper in, but it was pretty funny.  So I thought I'd share.  Unfortunately I realized yesterday that there is not one single picture of me from the wedding where you can see any of my dress at all, so you'll just have to imagine it.  Blue with silver sequins, go. 

No comments: