Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm under your spell, Joss Whedon

I've been going through the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer again (see previous post) and wow, what a show.  Joss Whedon is just the total best.  I just rewatched Once More With Feeling (the musical episode) and it blows my mind every time.  And he wrote all of those songs, too!  And I saw The Body again a week or two ago and again with the wow.  Now, unless you've watched the show you don't know what I'm talking about but I had to wax poetic regardless for just a minute because it's just that awesome.  If I was going to be a stalker ever, Joss Whedon would be pretty high up on my list of stalkees.  Which should be taken as a serious compliment, I wouldn't stalk just anybody.  And for the record I wouldn't be a scary stalker either, I'd just happen to run into him enough times that we became best friends and he let me work with him occasionally.  Or all the time, whatever.  No creepy kidnapping or hundreds of photos of him in my basement.  Just carefully planned "random" interactions which lead to best friend-ness.  Totally acceptable. 

1 comment:

Henry said...

You should meet my friend Monique. She has numerous photos of Joss, most of them signed, she had her DVD set of Dollhouse (the special Comic-Con only version) signed by him, and gotten numerous hugs from him after TV panels and such (she's big on hugging celebs). I met her, conincidentally, while waiting in line at last year's Comic-Con.

But yeah, Buffy's great. I've been meaning to go through the series again as well.