Friday, September 24, 2010

Change

I have a new computer! Finally, after only five years. My old one has been sub-par for a while but I've been ignoring it and ignoring it, because I mostly use my work computer anyway so it hasn't been a huge deal. But it's just too much now, it's taking like 5 minutes to load a web page, so that's just not going to cut it. So I just walked into Best Buy and picked out something, no more dawdling! I got a pretty good deal, and I felt like such a grown-up picking out electronics on my own (which is not something I do, I know way too little about them generally speaking). Maybe I'll blog more now that I have a properly working computer, too.

Feel free to ignore the rest of this post since it's pretty self-indulgent (to use a Simon Cowell phrase), but my grandma died yesterday. She was a pretty great lady and I miss her a lot. She'd been sick a lot the last six months so it's not exactly unexpected, but it happening now was still a surprise. She and my grandpa (who will be 92 next month) were married for 64 years, which is almost a retired person right there, and it blows my mind. I know she was ready to go and that makes it a lot easier, knowing she's so much happier now. But I still miss her a lot and can't really believe she's gone now.

No comments: